I SPOKE AN HOUR TOO SOON!
The Governor JUST deemed Real Estate as an “Essential Business”!
So what does this mean for you and our clients? We now have to adhere to stricter guidelines to ensure safety for our clients and homeowners, however we are able to do the following:
1. In-person activities must be appointment-only
2. No more than 2 people, including the broker, may be at the property at any one time; and
3. Those persons must strictly follow social distancing guidelines established by the CDC and Prevention by remaining at least 6 feet apart at all times.
The revisions to the Order are limited to allow the following in-person activities, provided the above protocols are followed:
- Previews and showings of listings by appointment only;
- Listing presentations, photography, and creating virtual tours for new listings [Note: professional photographers are not considered “essential,” thus all photos must be taken by the broker or seller];
- Inspections for pending transactions;
- Appraisals for pending transactions;
- Buyer “walk-troughs” for pending transactions prior to closing; and
- Providing keys to buyers at closing.
- Real estate Open Houses are NOT permitted
THIS MODIFICATION ALLOWS ME TO MOVE FORWARD WITH JUST A FEW MODIFICATIONS! HOORAY!