Whatcom County does Holiday Cheer well and there’s no better way to get into the Holiday Spirit than attending a community event. Here’s a list of all things Holiday fun and I hope you will find a few to enjoy!
▪ First Friday Art Walk is 5-9 p.m. Friday, Dec. 3, in downtown Bellingham.
▪ Ferndale’s Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony is 4-6 p.m. Friday, Dec. 3, at Centennial Riverwalk Park, 5667 Front Ave., Ferndale.
▪ Blaine’s Community Tree Lighting at 4:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 3, at Blaine’s G Street Plaza. Santa arrives at 4:45 p.m. and free horse and carriage rides at 5-7 p.m.
▪ Ferndale Heritage Society’s “Olde Fashioned Christmas” is 4-9 p.m. Friday-Saturday Dec. 3-4, at Pioneer Village in Pioneer Park, 2004 Cherry St., Ferndale. “The Lights and Sounds of Christmas” is the theme for the decorated cabins. Adult admission is $5, children $3.
▪ The Bellingham Yacht Club’s annual Lighted Boat Parade starts at 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 4, weather permitting. Best views are from Boulevard Park and the Fairhaven Cruise Terminal.
▪ Holiday Port Quest is 2-6 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 4, at port parks, offering families the opportunity to find a festive hidden treasure, enjoy carolers, food trucks, and a visit by Santa and Mrs. Claus. Find hints for the treasure hunt on the port’s social media Dec. 4.
▪ View Santa’s Workshop 6-8 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday Dec. 3-5 on the waterside of the Bellingham Cruise Terminal, 355 Harris Ave.
▪ Northwest Lighted Christmas Parade is 6-7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 4, starting at Fairway Center along Front Street throughout downtown Lynden.
▪ Breakfast with Sinterklaas, the Dutch figure based on Saint Nicholas, 9-11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 4, at the Lynden Community/Senior Center, 401 Grover St, Lynden.
▪ Pictures with Sinterklaas, 2-4 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 4, at Fairway Center, 1750 Front St, Lynden.
▪ Bellingham’s tree lighting ceremony is at 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 4, at Depot Market Square, 1100 Railroad Ave.
▪ Lighted Christmas Stroll Through Pioneer Village is free from 5-8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, Dec. 10-11 and Dec. 17-18 at Pioneer Village in Pioneer Park, 2004 Cherry St., Ferndale.
▪ Bellingham Lighted Bike Parade will be held 5-7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 11. Riders start at 5:30 p.m. at 14th Street and Larrabee Avenue to circle Fairhaven and at Depot Market Square to the Fairhaven Village Green. You can register to ride online.
▪ Visit Santa at 1-4 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 18, in Boundary Bay’s outdoor “Candy Cane Lane” next to the beer garden at 1107 Railroad Ave. Masks required for a picture on Santa’s lap.
▪ Ring of Fire and Hope starts at 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 31, along Birch Bay beaches. The Birch Bay Chamber of Commerce has a limited number of biodegradable road flares beginning at 9 a.m. at 7900 Birch Bay Drive, Blaine.
▪ Polar Bear Plunge in Birch Bay is Saturday, Jan. 1, 2022. It will mark the 39th annual celebration.
If you attend one of these community events I would love for you to tag me on Social Media so I can share your holiday cheer!
Happy Holidays friends!